june the 7th

Music
nagoline
genuine magenta lamprey
Reactions: 4510

june the 7th

Post by nagoline »

o cabaret do dr feio came out exactly 10 years ago with the support of former kraftwerk member fernando abrantes.

that's it, that's the post.

it's amazing to listen to it nowadays and pin point how many things i would have done differently and way more competent if i were to remake it. and yet, at the same time, i wouldn't want to change a single thing about the original record. goes to show how much one evolves over time while still making fun and not denying roots.

it's such an hilarious messy dumb mix of dada, german expressionism and industrial. it was the most fun i ever had while in studio (who could have guessed...almost 100% control of the project except when i'd ask fernando for an opinion and he was like "doesn't work, it's a mess, rebuild the formula for this minute of the song from scratch"). i wish someone would have shared pics or videos of me locked alone in the recording booth, at 6/7am, dancing around with a baby blue stratocaster while bare feet and hangover from tripping balls from needles, looking like a total hippie during a psychadelic session. i'd laugh my ass off.

i am so very thankful i was given the opportunity to do exactly what i wanted to do back then and how it turned out exactly how i wanted it to sound.

it obviously doesn't mean anything for you guys, but i just wanted to throw this out to the universe.
1 Image 2 Image 1 Image
Last edited by nagoline on Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"knows all the cool opium dens"

Sean2K
Reactions: 368

Re: june the 7th

Post by Sean2K »

nagoline wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:03 am
o cabaret do dr feio came out exactly 10 years ago with the support of former kraftwerk member fernando abrantes.
Weird. Guess who I saw live tonight. o_0
1 Image

nagoline
genuine magenta lamprey

Post by nagoline »

funny thing, whenever they play the robots and use the visual heads from the videoclip, one of them is still the face of abrantes from 91 or so, even 31 years later :lol

JimothyZombie
Super Potato
Reactions: 7037

Post by JimothyZombie »

That took some googling but I think we on the same page now :lol Also :hugs I know how much all the music stuff meant to you. You should be still doing it +++ now.
1 Image

dreamshell
Fcuky of The Year 2023
Reactions: 2213

Post by dreamshell »

:pointup x2
1 Image

KeyserSoze
the space duck queen
Reactions: 2904

Post by KeyserSoze »

Aww you should have posted this in the main thread!
Do you have a link for us?
This is the most embarrassing piece of work since Clint Eastwood painted his wagon.

nagoline
genuine magenta lamprey

Post by nagoline »

i have the 3 tracks from the single on soundcloud and remember posting it on youtube (like last year or something around this time) but youtube's compression method is kinda garbage and it doesn't sound the same :go