Ozzy - Ordinary Man (Track by track review)

Music
Helloween_1985
The New Italian Job
Reactions: 282

Ozzy - Ordinary Man (Track by track review)

Post by Helloween_1985 »

1. Straight to hell - Starts off with a choir. Sounds like an invite to Hell ("we're going to straight to hell"). Not really a song that I would use as an "opener", more of a" closer".

2, All my life - A ballad which sounds very Beatlesy (given that Ozzy has said he's a fan of The Beatles). Here we have Ozzy looking back on his life. Should be have been the one to open with (there is another contender for the opener, which I will get to) as it's very deep and meaningful.

3. Goodbye - An "Iron Man" style riff opens the song ("Do you have any memories"?). A very rock n roll type song

4.Ordinary Man ft Elton John - Again another ballad, with Ozzy again looking back on his life (I was unprepared for fame/ then everyone knew my name"). Elton John is pretty good as well

5. Under the graveyard - You may have seen the video which shows Ozzy in the 80's basically living the rock n roll live style. A pretty good rock n roll song it has to be said

6. Eat Me - Starts off with Ozzy playing an harmonica (He played one on "Along came the Spider" under the name J.Osbourne as well as "Evil Woman") again pretty rock n roll

7. Today is the end - Ozzy is in full on bleak mode ("Not every soul can be saved/ You reap what you sow"). Maybe this is Ozzy in repentance mode. An average track

8 Scary Little Green Men - A some what humorous track ("they might just try to eat us"). Again a pretty good song with Ozzy messing about ("take us to your leader"/"we come in peace")

9. Holy for tonight - Another ballad which is very enjoyable and again Ozzy is full on in reflective mode ("pray for me Father/ for I know not what I do). Worth listening

10. It's a raid ft Post Malone - Starts off with sirens and goes on into full rock n roll mode. Later on you have Post Malone who also seems to be enjoying himself. Should have been the opener as Ozzy is in full on Ozzy mode (" Go fucking crazy!"/ "let me see your hands!"")

11. Take what you want Ft Post Malone & Travis Scott - One for those who seem to be into rap, an average song.

Is it a good Album?

I know many people would expect me to say "best album ever!!", but it's an average album not really "you have to listen to it" type. Yes there are some good songs on there. It is worth a listen but If it was my choce I'd either listen to "Blizzard of Ozz", "Scream" or "Black Rain"
1 Image
:star like that uncle you're never sure is joking :star